Wednesday, July 15, 2009

aw shieet kid...notorious b.i.g. '92 demo

After posting up the original Nas demotape, my buddy Jon schooled me to another NYC demo tape that I'm surprised I didn't have, by another one of the greatest cats to rap. I'm listening to this shit as I type and I'm still in awe, its surreal hearing his voice as RAW as this recording is. Honestly, the recording quality of this is pretty bad, but Bigs timeless style is still here.

Somehow, I've never been a big Pac fan. I don't know why. I appreciate his music and recognize why people think he's one of the best to ever do it, but I personally have never been able to get into him. Maybe the next album he releases will be catch my attention more (yo he aint dead). B.I.G. on the other hand, I've always liked.

But I digress. Download this damn tape. Its excellent and if your'e a Big fan, or a rap fan at all for that matter, this tape is an essential in your collection.


0 comments: