Thursday, October 08, 2009

every person in new york

Being a blogger, I follow alot of blogs myself. One of the strangest ones that I follow simply is called "Every Person In New York"


His description of his project is simple...

I am trying to draw every person in New York. I will be drawing people everyday and posting as frequently as I can. It is possible that I will draw you without you knowing it. I draw in Subway stations and museums and restaurants and on street corners. I try not to be in the way when I am drawing or be too noticeable. Whenever I have a new batch of drawings I will post them on this blog. If you would like to increase the chances of a portrait of YOU appearing on this blog please email me (art@jasonpolan.com) a street corner or other public place that you will be standing at for a duration of two minutes (I will be on the corner of 14th street and 8th avenue on the North-east corner of the street from 2:42-2:44pm this Thursday wearing a bright yellow jacket and navy rubber boots, for example). Please give me more than a 24 hour warning and please make it a scenario that is not too difficult for you to accomplish (the corner outside of the store you work at during lunch time, or in front of a museum you were going to go to on a Saturday) because I may unfortunately miss you and do not want you to have to invest more than 2 minutes of your time in case I cannot make it. You may or may not see me drawing you during this time. If I do draw you, you will see yourself (or rather, a drawing that hopefully somewhat resembles you) on this blog that evening.

When the project is completed we will all have a get together.

Visit him at http://everypersoninnewyork.blogspot.com/. I don't know what it is specifically about his drawings that bring me in the way they do. I think they're similar to the reason that I like far side drawings, in that they're so simple but he still gets across what he is meaning to say.

Check out a few...














0 comments: