Monday, August 24, 2009

keep yo shit on lock

A few weeks ago Jasper send me a website with about a billion different options as to how to keep my laptop safe while I'm at university. There's some crazy statistic that one laptop is stolen every 90 minutes, and with my new MacBook Pro, I don't plan on being one of those people who gets their shit JACKED. Although I picked myself up a Laptop Lock, which pretty much guarantees that as long as I lock it up, it'll be fine, I still took some extra precautions. 


Mac users, let me introduce you to iAlertU. I've talked to a few people already and they seem to know about it, but if you don't know, now you know. 

Basically, iAlertU works like a car alarm for your MacBook and the key is your Mac Remote. You lock it up the same way as you would lock and unlock a car, and once its armed, the software works with Macs motion sensor software to detect if its being moved. If it is moved, it goes off exactly like a car alarm. Check it out...




I don't even care if this thing works or not, its so entertaining. I've been locking mine all day.

0 comments: