Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson Dies, R.I.P. to the king of pop

ACCORDING TO TMZ

"We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but they had no luck.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

LaToya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II."


http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/



Personally, I'm in shock. I don't care about his history and the charges or whatever, Michael Jackson was a legend and one of the most influential people in music history. I cant begin to name all the people him and his music has influenced, but truly this is a sad sad loss. What I'm wondering now is how much the Beatles songs he owned are going to sell for, or if they're just going to go to his wife.

R.I.P

I'm actually really saddened. He was a great man.



In his name, and also at the request of EP, I zipped up the 25th anniversary edition of Thriller incase anyone wants to download it in his name (which I recommend). Can't beat the second best selling record ever.



http://www.zshare.net/download/61862948c6529d3b/

I'm keeping this on repeat for a few days, in his honor.



This actually has me alot more down than I expected. Mikey was one of the greatest musicians of all time, its hard to sink in.



I think its fucked up that I'm laughing at this, but its good. Its a damn shame though. It still hasn't really sunken in that he's gone.


Honestly its a god damn shame. He gave up his childhood so that the world could enjoy theirs through his music.

Its also embarrassing how two-faced the media is being, although its expected. Last year, everyone hated Michael like he was the devil for charges he was proved to be innocent of. This year, the same networks who insulted him and ruined his reputation now praise him for the musical genius that it is. Whatever. Then again, its hard to tell who actually listened to Michael and who is bandwaggoning in general.

I could quite literally go on and on about how fucked it is that even now he is still not being recognized for his music upon his death by the media. Instead, he is still remembered for the bullshit charges against him.

The simple fact is, he gave up his childhood. He just wanted to be a kid. It was sick, evil people trying to exploit an emotionally unstable man who couldn't defend himself and was already seen as a weirdo. It makes me sad that he lived such an unhappy life even though he was maybe the greatest musical artist of our time. I think that that 2012 shit is going to happen, there's almost literally no more love existent on this earth.

0 comments: