Monday, June 22, 2009

America- Ralph Steadman.

My cottage, and my father by extension, never fail to surprise me. Last night while looking through some of the books up at the cottage, I found THIS




But ALAS, I couldn't take it. If you don't know who Ralph Steadman is, go HERE. Anyways, this is one of his rarer book and I've been looking for it for a while. Sadly, this copy was purchased by my fash in '74 and he said there's no way in hell that I can take it.

Ralph, best known for his worn with Hunter S Thompson, drew these during his visits to America (Which he HATED). Anyways, with a very entertaining foreward by Hunter S Thompson, this is a really entertaining book and for sure one of my favorites.
















(this is from Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas)










And yes.

0 comments: