Wednesday, May 27, 2009

11 (10?) Days to go...

So, I'm not going to get all emotional and do some big long sappy post about how high school is ending but to reference one of my favorite quotes ever.

I came across a passage I wrote down
And I think that it really exemplifies what our nation is talking about

And it says that uh,

All things must come to an end
It is an inevitable part of the cycle of existence
All things must conclude
Take the analogy of a tree that grows in Brooklyn
Among the steel and the concrete
With all its glorious branches and leaves
One day it too will pass on its legacy
Through the seeds it drops to the ground
As the wind carries these seeds throughout the land in which they grew
A new life will begin for each one of them as they stand as a monument to the one that came above.



I've always liked that. For better or for worse, high school has been pretty much what I expected it to be. . I did however, expect prom to be more of the whimsical night that modern media has made it out to be. I ain't gon front, it was nice, and I enjoyed it, but its SO overhyped. Anyways, I'm not going to get into a big thing over it, I really just needed this as a segway to talk about this movie Dazed and Confused.

There's alot of movies about high school, but Dazed and Confused takes the cake for best high school movie for sure, in my book atleast. All I'll say about the film is that its about a big group of teenagers on their last day of high school, and all the random shit they do. I def. recommend this for everyone to watch before high school expires. Check out the trailer...




Thats all for now...

0 comments: