Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big Boi and 'Dre present...

For me, incase you haven't noticed, its pretty uncommon for me to listen to the same music for a long period of time, and i often get sick of a particular song/ artist. However, when you're dealing with a classic, a true classic, it never happens. Recently, while trying to find a ton of classic hip hop for an english teacher in my school to fill 8 blank cds (the playlists will be on my blog when i finish, including "bangers" "openers" "closers" "classics" etc etc) I stumbled upon Outkast once again, and i've since been questioning how I ever forgot about them. The sad thing is, they used to be alot better than they are now, so alot of people forget how sick they were, because most people think that their first song was Hey Ya or something like that. Which, don't get me wrong, isn't a horrible song, however it was way overplayed, and eventually played out.

Lyrically speaking, even though it was a combination of bangers from their other albums, Big Boi and 'Dre present Outkast was by far the strongest album in my opinion, and delivered something good for everybody. Its a shame that it seems that Outkast has gone more mainstream and dare I say, lost their roots. However, verses like this one from "Funkin' Around"

Torn between Saturday night and early Sunday mornin'
I don't know, I'm so unstruct in between-tween
I'm out here knowin' hip-hop is dead; The average n***a on my corner yellin' what the fuck you mean-mean
See we ain't even sing the mouth to chop counter-clock wise goes the neighborhood
Hand me down some canned-goods, wont cut the Grei-pupon
We got the layer-on, back to the drawing board can't afford to lose journey beyond
One, slash one slash ninety-one, my teacher six foot incher man said sit down son
And let me tell you like I heard it when I don't desert it
It wadn't no other way to word it got my feelings scurred and
By the, bullet of bad, the singer of sad, songs to make you long for your mom and your dad
Plaid class with poke-a-dots, I hope you ain't mad
Back up little mama I'm about to react

And, one of my favorite song openings of all time, from the song "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"

Well its the m I crooked letter comin around the south
Rollin straight hammers and vogues in that old southern slouch
Please, aint nothin but incense in my atmosphere
Im bendin corners in my llac boi, cause thats how we be rollin here

Anyways, its all good, and without further delay, here's my playlist of my top 16 favorite Outkast songs. I wanted to get it down to 10 but just couldn't...





DOWNLOAD IT HEREEEEE http://www.mediafire.com/?g5g12tnynzw

0 comments: